“The love and laughs are all back!” WGN AMERICAThe lovable and funny Portokalos family is back and as uncontrollable as ever in
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, the long-awaited follow-up to the highest-grossing romantic comedy of all time, coming to Digital HD on June 7, 2016, and Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on June 21, 2016, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
Written by Academy Award nominee Nia Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding, My Life in Ruins), My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 reunites the entire beloved clan as they celebrate the biggest, Greekest wedding yet in a film that FOX-TV calls, “Hilarious and heartwarming…A big fat great time!”
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD also features a hysterical gag reel and never-before-seen bonus features including a sit down with the stars to hear what really happened behind the scenes.
Toula (Vardalos) and Ian (John Corbett, “Parenthood”) have raised their daughter Paris (Elena Kampouris, Men, Women, and Children) in the bosom of her extended Greek family. But the now 17-year-old is eager to set out on her own.
When an unexpected wedding threatens to disrupt the clan’s delicate balance, it can either bring them all together or put them all at odds in a heartwarming family comedy as sweet as a slice of baklava.
The entire original ensemble reprises their iconic roles, including Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Michael Constantine (The Juror), Lainie Kazan (Beaches), Andrea Martin (Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb), Gia Carides (Austin Powers: The Spy Who
Shagged Me), Joey Fatone (The Opposite Sex), Louis Mandylor (Code of Honor), Bess Meisler (The Perfect Family), with Elena Kampouris, John Stamos (“Grandfathered”) and Rita Wilson (HBO’s “Girls”) joining the cast for the first time.
BLU-RAY AND DVD BONUS FEATURES:
- GAG REEL – Laugh along with the family as they make the film!
- MY BIG FAT GREEK DINNER – Grab a seat, fill a plate and share a family meal with the cast of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2! Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Joey Fatone, Ian Gomez, Lainie Kazan and Michael Constantine take part in a round-table retrospective shot inside the now famous Portokalos family restaurant, Dancing Zorbas. This featurette includes an in-depth look at the making of the film, the gargantuan success of its predecessor and how one doesn’t have to be Greek to feel like a member of the Portokalos family!
- MAKING THE GREEKQUEL – An inside look at the making of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 featuring on-set footage plus cast and crew interviews to show what it takes to bring a fan favorite back to life. Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, and cast members share some behind the scenes secrets, and Elena Kampouris and director Kirk Jones talk about working alongside the original cast as they shoot the follow up to the 2002 blockbuster.
- Cast: Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Lainie Kazan, Gia Carides, Joey Fatone, Louis Mandylor, Andrea Martin, Bess Meisler, Elena Kampouris, Michael Constantine, John Stamos, Rita Wilson
- Directed By: Kirk Jones
- Written By: Nia Vardalos
- Produced By: Gary Goetzman, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson
- Executive Produced By: Paul Brooks, Scott Niemeyer, Steve Shareshian, Nia Vardalos
- Director of Photography: Jim Denault
- Production Designer: Gregory P. Keen
- Edited By: Mark Czyzewski
- Composer: Christopher Lennertz
- Costume Designer: Gersha Phillips
The family you love is back in the sequel to the biggest romantic comedy of all time! Written by Academy Award nominee Nia Vardalos, who stars alongside the entire returning cast, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 brings the beloved family of characters back together. In the years since we first fell for Toula (Vardalos) and Ian (John Corbett), they have raised a headstrong daughter while trying to keep the spark alive. But just as they think they're balancing an independent teen, aging parents and the rest of the irrepressible clan, the reveal of a shocking secret will bring the three generations of this family closer than ever as they plan a bigger, fatter and Greeker wedding!THE TRAILER:
SOURCE: Universal Pictures Home Entertainment